Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nov. 3 -- I Just Keep Plugging Along

Obviously, something is wrong with Blogger. My last 3 or 4 posts don't show up when I call up the blog. I can't figure out why, and really don't have the time to read up on it. So I'm just gonna keep posting anyway, hoping that one day Blogger will decide to release all my entries.

I've come across one of those little quizzes everybody takes, and I don't even know how to link it and have it publish here. So instead, I'm just going to copy and paste and let you-all have some insight into what I think about my knitting.

Here's the Quiz:

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
Rowan Calmer, without a doubt. Mind you, I haven't used a lot of the so-called famous or favorite yarns a lot of other people have used, but Calmer does it for me.

Your favourite needles?
It's a toss-up between Addis and Inox. Since not all yarns behave the same, I need needles that also don't behave the same. For lace, I love the Inox because the points are sharper. For non-slippery yarn, Addis do it for me.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
Worst would be a shell I made a few years ago. The original yarn called for in the pattern was cotton. I thought it was too expensive, but loved the blue & white striped summery thing, and found some blue and silver tape yarn in my LYS that I thought would work if I doubled it. The gauge came out just fine to begin with, but the yarn was wool. By the time I finished the shell, it was so heavy I couldn't possibly wear it as a summer shell. I thought maybe I could wear it in the winter over a turtleneck, but truth is I've never worn it and probably never will. I'm considering frogging. Now if you want to know the funniest thing I ever knit, ask me about the baby onesie that I inadvertently knit the feet onto backwards.

Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
I can't remember the name of it, but it was a lacy looking summer top that I made with the Calmer. But it's limited to summer wearing because it's cotton and airy. But I love it so much I'm making it again with (acrylic-gasp!) yarn that I can wear in the winter.

Most valuable knitting technique?
I'd have to say the so-called magic loop method for socks. It makes my socks go so much faster on the legs and the feet. I still do the cuff, heel & gusset with dpn's, just feel better doing it that way. Incidentally, I didn't read any book or instruction on this method, just figured it out one day and never went back.

Best knit book or magazine?
So far I'd have to say Knitter's, as I've liked most of their patterns.

Your favourite knit-a-long?
I've only joined one - Lace for All Seasons. I really don't "knit along," just read the posts. I finish whatever I'm doing whenever I feel like it. I just love the hints, help and photos. Also finding other blogs that are good thru people that post in the messages.

Your favourite knitblogs?
I have a couple, but I also don't feel it's fair to list them. Some may be better than others, but why give someone a swelled head, or make someone else feel inferior?

Your favourite knitwear designer?
Right now I'd say Elsebeth Lavold. I just love the Celticness of her patterns. Also, they're challenging.

OK, I dare someone to read my blog.

Now to get me ready to write something for the Nano. I'll need a couple of hours to get into the right (write?) frame of mind.

Later.

No comments: