Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nov. 9 - Ooops!

Well, I still don't know what I was doing wrong. But it seems my posts actually were making it into Blogdom. Somehow, I had linked to one particular day, so that every time I opened the blog it pointed me only to that day, and I never could see the subsequent posts. So I re-linked into my favorites, and now I can see all the posts. Whatever.

Actual Knitting Content

I'm afraid there's none. Sometimes this happens to me when I just about finish a project. Knitting Lassitude. (I like that. I'll have to use it more often & maybe it'll become a kind of catchword for what happens to you at end of project.)

Well, technically the gray sweater isn't finished yet. It's just in the blocking stage where I can't do anything more to it until that's all done. Then it's all that seaming and knitting up the collar/neck. But I have to keep reminding myself that it's a mere 6 weeks or so until Christmas (yikes!), and I need this baby to be done.

In the meantime, I"m working sporadically on projects that have been OTN for a while. One green sock is totally done, and I've started the cuff for the second. And I knit a little bit on the red shell that goes with my cotton sweater. And also knit a little bit on a cute little cropped cardigan that I started some time ago for one of my DD's. (How much do I hate those cutesy little DD's and GD's and DH's??? I'm gonna remind meself to stop using them & be a grownup & type the whole word!!!)

So there's not much knitting growth, but I'm not worried about it. I haven't given it up or anything, just takin a kind of break.

Photos?

Photos you want? Believe me, so do I. I just haven't gotten around to figuring out how to put them into the blog (still). What a failure I am!

Reading

I finished the Diana Gabaldan book: "A Breath of Snow and Ashes." She is such a talented author! This is (I think) book # 6 of a series, and it's wonderful. And she leaves it open at the end, so she can either write another one, or leave it as is. I'm hoping for another one. Anyone who likes historical novels - with some romance thrown in - read them! It's known as the "Outlander" series. Believe me, it's not your typical romance novel. And she writes with such intelligence, wit and humor.

Nano

Well, let's just say that Nano has been a nono. It's like everything else I do: I'm all gung ho to start with, and then it fizzles out. I guess I'm just not gonna be a famous witer, folks.

No comments: