Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Changes


Life Changes


My life has gone through lots of changes in the last year or so. I found out I have Celiac Disease, so I've been spending a lot of time finding out how to eat. Everything has to be gluten-free (GF), and it's been a hard and very interesting process figuring it all out. I think I've mostly got it under control now. So the next thing is to lose the excess weight I gained while trying to get my diet right.

That's the next change; I've gone back to Weight Watchers and am following the Core program. It's never easy losing weight, but I'm giving it a good try.

So my blog is changing. It's still about knitting, but I'll also be talking about gluten and Celiac (if you're at all interested, here's a link to explain what it is: Celiac. I won't talk about it a lot really, just sometimes. Mostly I'll still talk about knitting, so y'all come back now.

Knitting

My friend Sammy, whose business name is Fabuknits, (look for her on Ravelry: Sammy) likes to design baby knits. So I help her out with test knitting. Right now I'm knitting a baby blanket for her. The working name is "Rosette Blanket," but she might change the name. I wish I had taken a picture, but I didn't. Look for it on her Ravelry site in about a month. And if I take a picture before then, I'll publish it here.

I hope I can finish this blanket soon, since the cooler weather makes me feel like starting another project. Lord knows I don't need another project!

Reading

I've been reading all of Tad Williams' books, and I just love his writing and imagination. Right now I'm reading "The War of the Flowers." I'm not very far into it, but am just loving it. It seems to be a combination fairy-tale adventure fantasy. Did I say I'm loving it?

I have hopes that I will blog more often now. Let's see what happens.

No comments: