Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday's are a good thing....

I feel kind of out of sorts. Not sick, not ailing in any way, just like I should have some kind of plan going on in my life. I don't know exactly why, but there it is. I get like this every once in a while. What I have to do is work on some kind of meditation, accept my life and myself, maybe get a little deeper into my own mind and relax. Yeah, maybe that'll do it. Maybe it's just a Friday thing.

The "Heat Wave" continues here in NYC. (I'm still callin it a heat wave, even if the weather service isn't.) I shouldn't complain much, though, because I spend my 8 hours a day here in my air conditioned office, and only have to deal with the heat going to and coming from work. I'm fortunate enough to have AC at home, so why complain. Also, the weather should break a little this weekend, only going into the 80's. That's more like my favorite kind of summer weather.

Knitting Content

Just a little aside stuff about knitting. I go to a Weight Watcher's meeting (oops! maybe I'm not supposed to name the name). Before the meeting, the leader was sitting and talking about her knitting. About how much she knits, and there's so much to be done. Another woman, who was obviously impressed, said "that's great, nobody knits any more - it's such a lost art." And the leader agreed. Now, she's a nice enough woman, but very full of herself. I wanted to pipe up and say "it's certainly not a lost art, just go on the internet and you'll find that out." But I said to myself, it's not important, this woman wants to impress people with what she does, so just shut up. I'm proud of myself that I didn't burst someone's bubble, but I'm also indignant. What makes these people so sure it's a lost art???!!! It's amazing when you think about it, how small some peoples' world is.

I attached one of the baby sweater sleeves last night, using the crochet method, and I hate the way it looks. This being a light-weight cotton (Dale Stork), I believe the mattress stitch method will look better. My friend at work took it from me, and will stitch the sleeves on this weekend. I love it when she does that. Now that leaves me free to finish the little ear flaps and I-cord strings on the hat. A button purchase, and voila! I hope to be ready to give the sweater over to the new parents next week.

Then I'm on to finish my Lara sweater, and hopefully get a little work done on the shawl I already have OTN, because I'm chomping at the bit to start Seascape Shawl. I just have to finish up a couple of things so I won't feel guilty (or, too guilty) starting something new.

Reading Content

Ain't nothin new. Still reading Stone of Farewell.

So, for today, that's all she wrote.............

No comments: