Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tuesday - Nov. 29

On someone's blog today, I saw just the information I didn't want to see -- "26 days Until Christmas". I sort of loathe having the countdown begin, as I'm never ready in advance for the giving season.

Don't you just hate/envy the people who get their gifts together a month in advance? It's practically December, and I still don't have a clue what most of my recipients want.

And yes, I'll say 'for Christmas', as I'm not one of those who thinks I must follow the pc method of say 'for the holiday'. Let's get real here, I celebrate Christmas and I'm not ashamed of it. After all, those who celebrate Channukah (I know I must have spelled that wrong) don't feel bad or guilty about mentioning their holiday's name, so why should I? It's just my opinion, but I think it's ridiculous that we shouldn't mention our religious affiliation just to spare others' feelings. If that was what it was all about, then why aren't we all just one big religion? Well, we're not, so I don't think we should deny what's in our heritage. Any of us, no matter what we celebrate.

Anyway (having gotten that off my chest), I'm still stumped for Christmas gifts. I'm not a Black Friday shopper, I'm more of an internet shopper. But either way, you still gotta know what you're gonna buy!

Knitting

Last night I stayed up late and knit up a storm, so I'm on the last (4th) skein of my Peruvian Baby Cashmere, working on the mobius/scarf thingie. It's supposed to be either 32" or 40" long, depending on preference. I'm just going to knit until I get to the end of the last skein, which should bring it around 40". And if I can knit 2" each night, I should be finished with it in another week. Yippee!

If I could only force myself to pick up Hubby's sweater, all I have to do is seaming and knitting a neckband. Well, that's me all over: I work best under pressure. I just hope I'm not finishing it on Christmas Eve!

Stuff

I've been trying to get my blog into the blogring, but they're not accepting new members yet. I'm just anxious to see if I get into the ring, will I get readers? And just why do I feel I need to be part of the 'in' crowd? Well, isn't that part of what blogging is about? Sharing your thoughts with other people. Hmmmm.

No comments: