Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday - First Picture Attempt



OK, so this is my first attempt at getting some pictures into the blog. Took long enough, didn't it? I'm really new at this, so here goes - please have patience.

I just finished the knitting on the lacy moebius scarf I made from Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere (60% baby alpaca, 30% merino wool, 10% cashmere), color #2020 (it may be called garnet) from Elann. It is soooo soft. You see it there on the bottom all laid out blocking on my floor, and when it's finished I'll sew it up into a moebius.

(this is really confusing, since now, while I'm typing, it looks to me like the pictures are right next to each other, not top & bottom)

The pic on the top is a close-up of the lace detail (not really close enough). It took me three weeks to knit. The dimensions are 10 1/2" wide by 42" long. Once it's grafted together, it will be long enough to go over/around my head, with a bit left over to act as scarf. On the other hand, the times I don't wear it over my head (which is almost always), it will make a cozy neck warmer.

These pictures took a long time to upload. I'm doing this from home, but I know the computer at work is mucho faster because they're on a giant network. So I'll try sending some pictures to my work addy & see if I can get them to load into the blog faster from there. I also need some (a lot!) practice in the picture taking, as the close-up should be showing you that this little thingy has some mock cables. It's really very pretty. If I can get a better picture, I'll try showing it later.

I also need more practice on how to arrange things in this blog. I mean, there must be a way to get the pictures where I want them, not just bunched up at the top like that.

OK, so all in all, this is not too bad for a first attempt, right? I'll get better.

No comments: