Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Blog Needs Work

Yes, it does, and I haven't taken the time to read all the material that should tell me how to clean it up and make the changes I want. I'm still palying around, trying to get stuff to work.

I just got this cute avatar, and I wish I knew how to make it appear all the time in the blog. Well, it really doesn't much look like me anyway, but it's the closest I could come. But that's not the point. I'm really, really dumb about blog stuff, and I can't ask anyone to give me tips because I haven't told anyone I know about the blog. I don't want to out myself yet.

Knitting

I finished up my green basketweave socks last night. The basketweave part is a really cool slip stitch. More info when I get foot pictures. I'll try to post a picture of them soon, I hope. My digital has been giving me trouble transferring the pics to computer, and I may have to buy a new USB cable. (All my electronices are ganging up on me!)

I'm working on finishing up a lovely lavender baby alpaca scarf. Very simple pattern (made it up), but boring. But one of my goals this year is: finishing! Then I'll need to start a hot pink furry scarf for a GD whose B'day is end of Feb. That's a simple one too: plain garter - but b.o.r.i.n.g. However, I did promise.

Reading

I'm coming up on the end of The Princes of Ireland. I'm enjoying it a lot. The next book, I think, will be one loaned to me by my office mate: The Good Husband, by Gail Godwin. I've started my list of books read in 2006. I find it's necessary to keep a list, because it's so easy to forget I read someting and then try to read it again. So many books, so little time!

No comments: