Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back From Nowhere

Hi World - I'm back!

I don't know exactly what it is that makes me go into lurkdom. Maybe a case of the Spring blahs. All I know is, I wasn't interested in writing at all. And I noticed several people whose blogs I regularly read had the same problem with the writing blahs. Well, maybe it's over, and I can resume my life as usual.

At least I didn't stop knitting over the last couple of months. I kept up with my Diamond Fantasy Shawl, and actually finished it. Two months! I'm amazed at myself - my first complete shawl, and finished in 2 months! Here are some pics:

Here it is blocking.
This is about as close as I can come to the real actual color. On my computer it looks all dark and washed out, but in actuality, it's a very pretty dark teal. The yarn is Elann Baby Cashmere, which is wool, alpaca & cashmere, and it was great to work with. It will be comfy in the winter, but probably a little warm for a summer shawl.

I tried to upload a close-up, but couldn't find it. Anyway, here's a pic that shows the diamond pattern a little better. Maybe tomorrow I'll find the close-up pic to show. You can't tell from these pictures, but I didn't make the full 10-repeat shawl. I knit 8 repeats, because I haven't really been a shawl wearer and I didn't want the darn thing hanging down below my tush. As a result, it looks a lot wider than long. Like a couple of bat wings. I need to buy myself some blocking wires and try again for a shape that I like.

OK, this is about all I can do for today. I congratulate myself on coming back into the blog world, and hope to do better after this.

No comments: