Friday, July 28, 2006

Long Overdue Post

Yes, I've been very blog-lazy lately. I've been doing a lot of blog-reading instead of blog-posting. Maybe I have the summer blahs!?

On Weight Losing

I've been trying (somewhat) to stick to my WW eating program, and I think - after a year and a half - my body finally shows that it's losing something. I've been at this (off and on) for a year and a half, and so far have lost a little over 8 pounds. How ridiculous is this? Most people lose this much in a couple of months! Well, I guess I have to be truthful and admit I've been more off it than on it, so even losing 8 pounds must be some kind of miracle. I only have a little over 4 pounds to go to reach my goal. If only I could make myself not want sweets!

And Knitting

But there definitely has been knitting going on, even in this awful summer heat. The baby romper I posted about awhile back is finally finished (except for buttons) after a bit of fiddling and re-knitting.

I had found the leg openings to be a little too tight, so I inserted a circular needle just above the row I would rip back to:

It was pretty hard un-knitting from the other end. But having the needle already in place helped, and I got it ripped back, and then re-knit that sucker back a little more loosely and the legs became much stretchier. I'm glad I did it.

I wanted to post some more pictures of the finished article, but Blogger is throwing a little tantrum right now and won't upload my photos. I'll have to save it for another day. Maybe by then I'll have the buttons I need and you can see a truly finished object.

Under the subject of Startitis, I've started a Hanging Garden Stole, to KAL with the Sivia Harding Yahoo group. I'm really psyched about getting this stole under way. It's very pretty. I also have some pictures of that, which will have to wait as well, until Blogger stops throwing its hissy fit.

Reading

I've been reading John Irving's Until I Find You. This is a weird book. I'm enjoying it, but when people ask me what kind of story it is, I truly can't figure it out. It's not a romance, it's not an adventure, it's not a fantasy. I can only say what it isn't, not what it is. Maybe you'd call it human interest? Is that a category? Also, this is a long book, over 800 pages. It's a good thing I like it, or that would be a lot of pages and time to waste.

So have a great weekend, and hopefully next week Blogger will let me do my picture thing, and I'll have a little shawl stuff to show off.

No comments: