Monday, October 16, 2006

Well, it's about time.................

Yes, and I was supposed to resume blogging after vacation, wasn't I? It's amazing how easy it is to become complacent about something after you don't do it for a few days. Like exercising. Stop for a few days and excuses just pop up. Or not even excuses, just nonchalance and non-desire to do that thing you know you want to do, but just can't force yourself.

Oh well, enough of that.

Knitting

I've been doing a bit of knitting. Before vacation, I was rolling right along with my Hanging Garden Shawl. But I find patterns can become boring and I yearn to do something else. So I put the shawl aside for a bit and finished up my socks in KnitPicks Dancing yarn:

I think they're cute. They're small-child-sized, so they'll go to one of my little granddaughters. No particular occasion, just because I felt like making them. I rather liked the yarn, "Dancing," because it was very elastic. I have a feeling they'll be comfortable. I made both socks from one skein. So I have one more of this color left, and I also have 5 in a color that is more coral-ey in shade. I think it'll make a cute baby sweater. Yes, I do have a weakness for little things.

I also started a pair of "Almost Argyle" socks, also from KnitPicks. And I made a couple of little gift bags, the pattern for which is on Firefly's* site. I tried to take pictures, but the camera wasn't cooperating. I will post them as soon as I can.

*I hope that link works, I'm not very good at this

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope to be back here more often.

No comments: