Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Nothin for ya

That's right - nothin for ya today. I tried to take some new pictures, but the camera ran out of battery. So they're home recharging today. Most of what I'm knitting can't be scanned, it has to be shot. So until the old camera is ready, I got nothin for ya. But I'm posting anyway, because I don't want to stay in the bad habit of noblogging.

I spent last night knitting on the Almost Argyle socks. Here's what they look like: KnitPicks. I'm using the Palette yarn in the color Pool. Even though I'm using the recommended needle size, my socks are looking bigger than I think they should be. That's OK, though, I'm not ripping them out - because I can use them as a Christmas gift for someone with bigger feet. I hope I get the camera working tonight, and maybe post a picture soon. For the first time, I'm knitting both socks at the same time; i.e.: knit one section on first sock, knit same section on second sock, and repeat back and forth. It's reallly working out nice, I've never knitted a pair of socks so quickly. Also, having an interesting pattern makes it go faster. Stockinette socks get very boring in a jiffy (to me).

I'm kind of excited to maybe have a hand-knit holiday gift to give. I usually don't commit to holiday hand-knits, because I'm so afraid I'll lose interest and not get them done on time. Yes, it's a small project, but that's how my confidence grows.

I also want to post an update picture of my Hanging Garden Shawl. It's real pretty.

Reading

Anyone read The Memory Keeper's Daughter? I just finished it. The blurb made it sound really exciting and different. All I can say is, if you think you want to buy it, don't. I'm not sure if this was Kim Edwards' first novel, but it sure reads like someone who hasn't had a lot of experience. The suspense I was expecting just wasn't there, and the ending was very anticlimactic. I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like recommending this book. Sorry, Kim.

Right now I'm reading James Patterson's 4th of July, the latest of his Women's Murder Club series. There's nothing bad I can say about Patterson's books.

Hope to have more interesting stuff tomorrow.

No comments: