Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday Catch-Up

I think I promised to blog more often. But I do have mitigating circumstances. One of my feet went painful last week (chronic heel spur) and kept me laid up. I did all the stuff I have to do: soak, ice, Dr., cortizone shot, wrapping, aspirin.

I'm on the mend again, and just in time: I'll be on vacation next week at Universal in Orlando, with lots of walking to do. I think I'd better bring my cane, just in case. Oh well, as a last resort, they always have wheel chairs!

I did take some pictures of knitting, but didn't quite make the transfer from camera to computer. I know I keep making excuses, but I'll try to get them on soon. 'Cause it's nice to post pictures.

So, just to have something to blog about, I stole this from Iris:

Don't hate the blogger, hate the meme

1. FIRST NAME?
Mary
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My maternal grandmother. Her first name was Louise, and so is mine,
but I was never called anything but Mary. Kind of redundant, eh?
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?

Last tearjerker movie (can't remember the name).
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

Yes I do, it's rather neat. I'm all about neat.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?

I don't do lunch meats. If I had to, it would be roast beef.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

I think so, I'm kind of likeable.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?

No.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
No: my sister needed hers out when she was 12, so my Dad decided
to do a twofer, whether I needed it or not.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

Never - I'm afraid of heights; I don't even do roller coasters!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

Oatmeal (honest!).
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Always.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

No, I'm a weakling, both physically & mentally.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?

Rum Raisin.
14. SHOE SIZE?
8 1/2 or 9, depending on how much I'm willing to spend.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?

My teeth; the parental units didn't do right by dental work.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Theresa.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Nah.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
B&W (tiny)checked pants, black shirt.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Butterscotch candies (after lunch!).
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

Nothing, I'm at work; actually, it's the FAX machine I hear.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Turquoise.
23. FAVORITE SMELL?

Lilies.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?

My buddy at work.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED

TO?
The smile; I can tell if it's a sincere smile.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
Never met her, but I admire her anyway.
27. FAVORITE DRINK?

Tea.
28. FAVORITE SPORT?

No into sports.
29. EYE COLOR?

Blue.
30. HAT SIZE?

Average.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Never. I'm afraid to put anything in my eyes; I even flinch when I get
my eyes tested for glaucoma.
32. FAVORITE FOOD?

Popcorn.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Scary movies; scary seems more real than happy.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER?

I can't stand extreme heat or cold, so why couldn't the choices be
Spring or Fall? I that case, I dunno.
36. HUGS OR KISSES?

Definitely hugs; less sloppy.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT?

Strawberry shortcake.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Knitting Under the Influence, by Claire LaZebnik.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

Not using one.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, The Monastery (sort of
interesting, but too religion oriented).
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS?

Wind chimes.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?

Not too much a fan of either, but if forced to choose: Beattles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME?

Seattle, WA. Or is it Mexico?
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
Annoying my husband by making him pick up after himself.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Springfield, MA.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?

Swiped from Iris.

No comments: