Friday, October 27, 2006

More Vacation Coming Up!!

Yes, I have another vacation coming, and this time we're going someplace: Universal in Orlando! We're actually staying on-site, the Hard Rock Hotel, and have unlimited access to the 2 parks, and I got the tickets to the special Halloween Party! I'm not really a fan of roller coasters & such, but I know I'll have fun anyway. We fly to Orlando on Monday morning, and fly home on Friday afternoon. I'm psyched!! So I'm sure I won't be blogging for another week. (What else is new?)

I managed some photos of stuff I've been working on. Here are the Almost Argyle socks, from KnitPicks:

You can see how I've been knitting the 2 at the same time (on separate circs), to avoid 2nd Sockitis. It's working for me; I've never knitted an entire pair of socks so quickly. I got the pattern at KnitPicks, and the Palette yarn, in color Pool. I like the yarn, and it knits up nicely, but I used a size US2 needle and I feel the fabric's not tight enough. And the socks are really big. (I'll post a comparative pic once they're done). If I made these again I'd use at least a size 1 or smaller. I know they'll be too big for me, so they'll be a gift.

And a finished item - a real FO! I got the pattern for these over at Firefly's site.*:
Go to her 'Patterns' page, it's called 'Small Knitted Gift Bag.' I made mine out of some Dale bulky yarn I had laying around, with contrasting DK yarn for the ties and trim. Firefly made hers with French knots around the top, but I couldn't manage those. I think I subbed pretty well with my X's.

They're so easy and fun to make. That Firefly is a genius. These will be great for putting small Christmas gifts inside. Much more personal than wrapping. I've sort of become obsessed with them - I just finished another one in a gold color that only needs trim.

I wanted to post one more picture of the bags, but Blogger isn't working with me on that one. But you get a general idea of them, no? Go see Firefly's, it's really cute.
So, Happy Halloween, All!

* Firefly's has become one of my favorite blogs. She's a talented writer with such a spiritual outlook to her life. I feel peaceful after reading her. Oh, and not to mention she's a fine knitter!




































No comments: