Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Update on the Vest

I know it's been a long time. I have no excuse.

Knitting Content

The Vest


I did get that nasty hole in my vest repaired. Here's before and after pictures:


I couldn't repair it myself because the right side fabric is reverse stockinette. My good friend "V" spends a lot of time at her local knitting store, and her friend - who also frequents the store - is a professional knitter/seamstress. The pro is the one who fixed it for me. Granted, it's not perfect, but if you weren't a knitter you wouldn't even notice it.

Donnac368, you're right. Most important, finish it, then either wear it or give it away. After I found that moth hole, I went through most of my UFOs and had to decide on prioritizing or ripping. I only ripped one thing. And, sad to say, I haven't been entirely successful in finishing up UFOs.

I'm still working on that Calmer short sleeved sweater, and (ohno!) started a little sweater for a baby. I can't help it, I always have to have some baby thing OTN. I also haven't finished my Hanging Garden Shawl, but I am on repeat # 10 of 12. More pictures when I can force myself to take them.

Reading Content

I just finished reading The Traveler, by John Twelvel Hawks (a pseudonym). A very intriguing story about a society where the government knows everything about us because they can track our credit card usage and National ID card (sound familiar?). Makes me think more than twice about letting our own government give us those ID cards. I can't wait for Twelve Hawks to write the next book in his 4-part story.

Right now, because I couldn't find anything else to read, I'm reading EdithWarton's The Age of Innocence. A look back on "society" in the late 19th, early 20th centuries. Very amusing and enlightening.

Out for Now

No comments: