Monday, May 14, 2007

Hello Again

Further Edited at 3:50 pm: OK, so I changed my font style, and now the bolding shows. So all the things I've done show both bold & *. Didn't feel like taking the * out. Looks better, I think.

Edited at 3:35 pm: After reading my published blog, I realized the bolding on my entries below doesn't show up, so I added an asterisk (*) to each line that indicates the knitting things I've actually done.
(Note to self: change font)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just in case anybody ever reads this blog, I figured I should post something. One day maybe I'll catch up with some things that have been going on in life that occupied my attention away from the Blog. But not right now.

I have no pics, or updates on my knitting, so for today, I'm going to latch onto the latest thing going around Blogland:

My Knitlist

Bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing.

*Afghan/Blanket (baby)
*I-cord
*Garter stitch

Knitting with metal wire
*Shawl
*Stockinette stitch
*Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
*Hat
*Knitting with silk
*Moebius band knitting (actually, a moebius scarf)
*Participating in a KAL
*Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
*Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn (why not!)
Domino knitting (modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with Bamboo yarn (again, why not!)
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
*Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
*Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
*Continental Knitting
Designing knitted garments
*Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
*Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book
*Scarf
*American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
*Button holes
*Knitting with alpaca
*Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
*Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, etc.)
*Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
*Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
*Knitting with DPNs
*Holiday related knitting
*Teaching a male how to knit (that's what grandsons are for)
*Bobbles (hate them suckers)
Knitting for a living
*Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Fulling/felting (why ruin perfectly good knitting!)
*Knitting with wool
*Textured knitting
*Kitchener BO (just plain Kitchener joining, is that a BO?)
*Purses/bags
*Knitting with beads
*Swatching
*Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
*Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegated yarn
*Stuffed toys (actually, I crocheted one - a pig of course)
*Baby items
*Knitting with cashmere (cashmere blend)
*Darning
Jewelry
*Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
*Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
*Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
*Short rows
*Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers
*Pillows (actually, a pillow cover)
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
*Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
*Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair (not interested)
Hair accessories
*Knitting in public

Wow, I've actually done more than I realized!

Hope to be back soon with some actual content of some kind. Happy Ides of May tomorrow!

No comments: