Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day/Beginning of Summer

I know it's technically not the beginning of Summer, but here in the States we've all come to believe that Memorial day is the kick-off of the Summer season. And our weather has cooperated this year, at least here on the East Coast.

For me, M.D. weekend is also when I celebrate my youngest daughter's Birthday. She was born on May 29, that year being Memorial Day. So we always view this weekend as her birthday weekend. She's married with kids of her own, so she really doesn't get the whole weekend any more, but I still visit with her.

She lives in Pennsylvania, so it's a little road trip for me. I'm looking forward to it, and seeing the grandkids.

I know I haven't posted much lately, but my mind has been on other things. Mainly, Celiac Disease. I just found out 3 months ago that I have it. It's a real challenge trying to keep gluten out of my diet, and I'm still learning. I hope to be sharing more of this as time goes by.

Knitting

On the knitting front, I finished the bead stitch socks, and am working on my red Calmer sweater. Took a photo of the socks, but still haven't loaded it to the computer. More to come.

You folks in the States, I hope you have a safe, thoughtful, fun Memorial Day weekend, whatever you do.

No comments: