Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Day 6

Well, it would be day 6 if I had been posting all along. But I'm not beating myself up over it, so please be patient - I'm doing the best I can.

With Easter Sunday coming up, I've been looking around for some gluten-free recipe I can make for Easter dinner. I'll be going to my son's house in New Jersey, and it's always my job to bring the dessert. They have a favorite cheese cake that I get from a certain bakery, but it's not gluten-free, so I want to bring something I can eat too.

I wanted something that doesn't require me to buy all different kinds of exotic flours that I don't have and can't find. I think I've come up with something that will be pretty simple: Valentines Pudding, recipe found at Pig in the Kitchen. I pretty much have all the ingredients already in my pantry. I'm not a chocolate lover (except candy), but I'm going to give it a try.

I haven't been knitting much over the last few days. I've been doing a lot of cleaning, and once I sit down I'm too tired to think about picking up my knitting. But I have to get busy, the baby shower is coming up in just 4 weeks and the blanket isn't nearly done. I still have animals to crochet!

This is a picture of one I found on the internet. My colors are totally different, but I just wanted to show what it is I'm making. I've seen lots of different ones people have crocheted, and it's pretty cool how people have their own vision on how it should look. I really have to get busy.

OK, I just found a much better picture (below) of the blankie, and it looks much more like what I'm making. The sea and sky are almost the same colors as mine, but my boat is brown. I have a green fishie, but haven't made the other animals yet.

No comments: