Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Up to My Ears

Yes, I've been up to my ears in family stuff. Not to mention Mothers Day. But I think I have a breather for a couple of weeks. Time to wash the windows, put away the heavy winter clothes, shampoo the carpet. Hey - that doesn't sound like time off, does it?

My DIL's baby shower was last Saturday. I had to drive 3 hours to my daughter's house, pick up her and the two youngest kids, drive another 45 minutes to the church in my DIL's neighborhood, and attend a shower that lasted an hour and a half. But I had to go, and I'm glad I did, because there were only about 10 adults there, and a few kids. She was happy, as a new mother should be.

So I finally got to give her my Noah's Ark Blanket. She was truly amazed, but my camera ran out of charge right in the middle of her opening the gifts. What a bummer, since I wanted to get more pics of the blanket. I guess when I go there for the baby's birth I'll be able to take more shots. Baby Mary Elizabeth will be born on June 5th, by appointment. It's great - it's a Friday, so I won't have to take too much time off work.

Now I'm working on a very pretty shawl, of which I will try to take some pictures once I have time and a charged camera.

P.S. BTW, I did not drive home the same day. I stayed overnight at my daughter's house. I don't do night driving on highways, and also it gave me time to spend with her little (and big) ones.

No comments: