Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Come and Gone - Finally It's Spring

Spring has really been slow in coming to New York this year. We've had very little nice weather. It's been colder than usual, and when the Hell is the rain going to stop?

Maybe Spring hasn't been much fun yet, but at least Easter brings a little fun. And what's more fun than coloring Easter Eggs? Just ask my sweet little granddaughter Mary - I don't think her little hands will stop being pink very soon! This was her first egg coloring, since she's just turning 2. And I hear she claimed all the stuffed bunnies, even the ones I sent for her big sisters!

All the fun Easter candy will be disappearing from the supermarket, and I say not a minute too soon. There's no way I can stick to a Weight Watchers way of life while all the sweet stuff's around. I really need some resolve, and I don't mean the kind you clean your carpet with.

Some Knitting Content

I finished knitting a blanket for my good friend who just had a baby. It's really pretty, and I'm kind of proud of it. This friend actually helped to re-write the pattern, but at the time the blanket was supposed to be for someone else. I liked the blanket so much I re-purposed it for her.

All I have to do is sew in some ends, and then give it a wash so it will be nice an fresh for her new little bundle of joy. Oh, and take pictures of course. I've been very lazy about that. Coming soon.

No comments: