Tuesday, November 01, 2005

All Saints Day

This morning I almost thougth of stopping in Church. I mean it is a holy day (for Catholics). But lately it's just been the day after Boo Day. Ah well, it's the thought that counts.

Why do we remain loyal to something we're not sure we care about? Another blogger mentioned about how we really don't want to go to Church except on Holydays. She called us Christmas Catholics. A good description. I guess it's some kind of longing for an ideal, an ideal that we can't make live up to what we thought it was as children. Wouldn't it be great if we could make ourselves care enough?

I ate a little bit of candy last night, but not so much that I can be called a hog. I have to admit I was afraid I would pull out a crown eating the Tootsie Rolls. But that never stopped me. It's too bad not many kids come to our house any more, I wouldn't have had to eat the candy.

Got some knitting time in on the ole gray sleeves. I want so much to be finished with this sweater. I find it interesting how bored I get with a project during its last stages. I feel like: enough already! I know I'll be really pleased once I sew the whole thing together (after knitting it, of course), but right now it's like trying to get over the hump. And even though I've got a lot of other little odds and ends on needles as well, I feel the call of something new. I don't know what, but something. Ahhh......startitis!

OK, back to work. I gotta finish my boss's checkbook. Go get blessed by some saints!

No comments: