Friday, December 30, 2005

End of Another Year List

Don't ask me why I put this picture here; I just felt the need to post some kind of picture and this is the only thing I could find. But interestingly, I think I now see a possible way to place pictures where I want them. Hmmm.

Today being my last working day of 2005, I thought I'd get started with my list. I actually stopped calling them resolutions, because that sounds so final. My definition of a resolution becomes "I resolve that I will" do such and such and if I don't then I've failed. Instead I like to call them goals. A goal is something I'd like to do or aim for, but if I don't make it I don't feel like I'm a failure.

Here are some: (not necessarily in the order of importance)

1) Write more. (this is a recurring goal)

2) Read more things that will stretch my mind. (this is also recurring, and I do actually try)

3) Finish knitting the items that are in my UFO pile. (it's not actually a pile, they're tucked in all over the place)

4) Go back to trying to lose weight. (actually try this time)

5) Get into an exercise program. (the weight won't come off without it)

6) Become a closer. (in general, finish what I start)

7) Stop buying yarn. (I have more than I think I can use in the near future, or possibly in my lifetime)

8) Stop impulse buying in general. (that covers it all)

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now. But when I get back to work on Tuesday I'll see if there's anything to update. Unless I get to the blog over the New Year Weekend.

If not, Happy New Year!!!

No comments: