Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Updating the New Year's Goal List

I guess it's time to get a little more serious about my goal list. Serious? Why serious? Maybe just because otherwise I'll let it slide, forget that I need a goal (or many!). I'm just one of those kinda people - I need some structure. But it's nice that I know that about myself, no?

I'm going to rearrange the list a bit, try to put the most important at the top.

1. Stop impulse buying.

2. Start managing my money better (related to #1).

3. Start saving more (related to #1 & #2) (I'm sensing a trend here).

4. Get back to trying to lose weight.

5. Excercise!!! (related to #4)

6. No more yarn purchases (with the exception that I have a G-baby coming in May & I have no baby yarn, & another GD wants a furry scarf for her birthday in Feb., so I have to purchase the furry yarn).

7. Finish up the UFOs. I think I should make myself a promise to finish up at least one old one for every new one started.

8. Use up the yarn in my stash.

9. Become a closer (related to #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, & #8) (Wow, everthing is related! I think I need a total overhaul).

Well, my list seems to become longer every time I think about it. Am I being too hard on myself? I'm really not going to work on each and every one of these each and every day. Or maybe I am. Because I have to keep them in mind each time a stray thought pops into my head, like "what's Elann got today?" It ain't easy.

Knitting

On the actual knitting front, my friend gave me some lilac chunky baby alpaca for Christmas & I'm knitting a scarf. Designing it myself, actually. It's soooo soft. Just some mindless knitting. I hope to get a picture of it posted once it's done.

No comments: