Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Color Changes

Well, I've just discovered that my blog pictures aren't that bad after all.

I do my blogging at work, since that's where I spend most of my time, and our computer network is much faster for uploading pictures of my knitting.

Today the firm distributed new flat-screen monitors for our floor. I took a look at the pictures on my blog, and wow! What a difference. It turns out my pictures haven't been that dark, my old monitor was just showing them very dark.

I will now stop complaining about my poor camera. (Although I still think I'm going to get a new one for Christmas - this one's only 2 MP)

I have no new knitting content today; it was too hot last night at home to knit, so I ironed instead.

And today I got a couple of little packages at work.

Sometimes I go into the "I gotta have something" mode, and order stuff I really could do without.

From Knitpicks, I got one more skein of the Dancing - Color Tap, and 5 skeins Dancing - Color Rumba. The Tap will augment the yarn I already have for the little socks I'm knitting. I can't even remember why I thought I needed the Rumba, no less 5 skeins of it. I must have been thinking baby sweater. That's enough for a baby sweater. But it's stretchy yarn, so what was I thinking?

And from Carodan (heaven forbid I pass up a sale) I got 5 skeins of red Katia Mississippi 3, another fingering weight yarn. It's 60% cotton, 40% acrylic. Also, 1 skein Sirdar Salsa Wool/Acrylic, DK weight, in a heathered light gray; and 1 skein red Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton. What in the world will I do with one skein of each of these?

And all because they were on sale. Perhaps I'd better buy that book that has 1 skein projects.

This really is a sickness, isn't it people?

No comments: