Thursday, June 15, 2006

Turned the heel......

I love that phrase....turned the heel. Before I got into knitting socks, it sounded so mysterious, like an inside thing only sock knitters knew. Well, I guess it really is. Now that I know what it means, it's not mysterious any more, but it does mean something to me. Like, wow, I'm actually half-way finished with this sock! Here's the proof:

I 'turned' this little heel last night. Now for more boring stockinette for about 5". One thing I definitely like about this pattern is no Kitchenering for the toe. (I loathe Kitchenering.) It just decreases way down, and then draws the end thru the final loops.

I tried to take a picture with more light, but somehow that didn't work out very well. I think I see a newer, better camera in my Christmas future.

Here's a picture of the cuff. Just because I wanted to have one more picture to show. There really was a lot of light shining on this sock; I guess the camera just really does suck.

I gave some thought to photo-ing the lilac top I've started knitting, but it was just a thought. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: