Thursday, August 10, 2006

Camera Blues

I got up this morning prepared to shoot pictures of my next listed project : Cutaway Tank Top. But the camera batteries just died. And I only replaced them 2 days ago! So, while they're re-charging, I present to you the next project on my list: Sleevless Cardigan in Harris Tweed - because I already had a picture of that.

This pattern (which I could/might have taken a picture of) is in an old Pingouin pamphlet, and of course it called for a yarn no longer made. So I substituted with Harris Tweed. The HTweed feels kind of stiff to knit with, but I'm told it will get very soft once it's washed.

As you can see, it's a lacy pattern, but what you can't see in this picture is that it also has cables & some bobbles. I hope to get some clearer pictures once the batteries are charged.

This is really more of a vest, but I guess its called a 'sleeveless cardigan' because the body is shaped the same as a cardi with dropped shoulders. It just has no sleeves. I've loved this pattern for a long time, but obviously not enough to stick with it after I started it.

Plodding Along....

That's how I feel about my knitting - I'm just plodding along with everything. Slowly. I really hope one day I'll finish up a lot of UFOs, then maybe that plodding feeling will go away. I need to feel more excited about my work.

Well, the Hanging Garden does still excite me; it's such a beautiful shawl. I finished up 12 more rows last night. I know I'm not going to be able to finish it in a month, but at least I'm having fun with it.

Hopefully more pictures to come tomorrow.

No comments: