Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No Title Wednesday

I decided perhaps Wednesdays don't need a title. Maybe it's just enough that it's the actual middle of the work week, so there's a little something to look forward to.

Knitting:

I have a picture of my Hanging Garden Shawl after the 11th repeat, but our work server isn't allowing any uploads today. Or maybe it's Blogger. In any case, no picture right now. I'll post it as soon as I can.

I have since knit the final 12th repeat, and am ready to bind off with beads. I can't wait to be done! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the blocking. It seems to be such a fussy thing, but of course it's necessary.

I reported that I'm in the UFO Challenge, but right now I'm not even sure if that's true. The button is there on my site (see right) but when I click into it, I'm told I may not be a member. I wonder what's up with that? Joining that challenge is what made me actually finish my shawl. And I have something picked out to be my UFO for March, so I hope they make up their minds soon. Whoever 'they' are.

Reading

I finished up my Sara Donati novel (which was excellent, btw), and was waiting for my new book from Zooba to arrive, The Pursuit of Happyness. I didn't come when expected, so I picked up an old paperback that was laying around: Act of Betrayal, by Edna Buchanan. It's a sort of detective/but really a reporter novel set in Miami, with stuff about Cuba and stuff that goes on in Miami. The time setting is the mid 90's, and it's funny to read about people having beepers and having to find a public phone to return calls. How far we have come! It's pretty fast-paced, and I'm kind of glas I read it. Although, I'm impatient to read The Pursuit of Happyness. This book should only take a couple of days to finish.

Be back when I can post pictures.

No comments: