Thursday, March 01, 2007

TGIT (Thank God It's Thursday)

I love Thursdays:
  • It means the work week is almost over

  • Best TV night: Survivor, Gray's Anatomy, & usually ER (but who the heck knows where they are tonight)*

  • Every second Thursday it's PayDay

  • My work Cafeteria always has a special afternoon dessert treat on Thursdays

  • My knitting group meets here at lunchtime every Thurs

  • It means tomorrow night I don't cook
*Did anyone catch the pilot show "The Black Donnellys" on Monday night? I thought it was pretty good. I only hope that, once they decide to schedule it regularly, they don't put it on opposite anything I'm already committed to.

Knitting:

I finished my Hanging Garden Shawl!!! Started last August, it took me 6 months to knit. Because I got bored with it somewhere in the middle. But Thanks to the 2007 UFO Resurrection Challenge,

I resurrected my shawl and worked exclusively on it at home for most of February. I bound off (with beads) last night, but I don't have a photo of it yet. I still can't seem to upload my shot of the shawl after the 11th repeat, I'm thinking something must be wrong with the picture I took. So it will have to wait until I re-shoot it. Maybe after I block it.

Today, I'm choosing my UFO resurrection for March: Crocus Cardigan by Oat Couture (this is not mine, it's from the web-site):in an 18 month baby size. The yarn I'm using is Knit Picks Dancing, which is 41% Cotton, 39% Wool, 13% Nylon, 7% Elastic, in a very pretty orangey/turquoisey variegated color (It's not as horrible as it sounds!). They sell it for socks; but I like the stretchy feel of it, and it's just fingering weight, so appropriate for baby stuff. I have the back of the sweater done, and 1/2 of a front. This is my March UFO, and what I hope to complete in March.

I am so trying not to start anything else!

Reading:

I'm still not finished reading Act of Betrayal. Enjoying it, but still looking forward to reading Pursuit of Happyness.

Happy Thursday

No comments: