Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's Been Way Too Long....

.....since I posted anything. Waaayyyy tooo long. Lots of life stuff going on, but I'm back.

I finally finished the Hanging Garden Stole that took me 5 months to knit. Here's proof:

This was a really interesting knit; I just loved the symmetricalness of the pattern. Sivia Harding is a genius in writing her patterns. And I am so very glad to be finished with it. If I wasn't so fickle about staying with one project, it wouldn't have taken so long.

Here's a not-so-great picture of me trying to get the old mirror shot:

I'm really not very good at this kind of picture. I hope you can at least get the idea how it looks. This picture is closer to what the real color is. Maybe one day I'll get my Hubby to attempt a picture of it on me, so I can show the true effect of this gorgeous pattern.

I've been working to finish the Crocus baby sweater that's my project for the month in the 2007 UFO Project. Here's a shot when I was working on the right front:

I've since finished the right front and am almost finished with the left front. I just haven't taken any more pictures. I suppose I'll try to take one when I get the left front finished. Then I'll start on the sleeves. And it's almost time to choose my April UFO to decide what to do with it.

Reading

I just finished reading Pursuit of Happyness. What a story! Just knowing that someone could be so far down in life and still come back and be such a success, is very inspirational. I can't wait for the movie to come on TV.

Now I'm reading Shadowmarch, a fantasy by Tad Williams. A while back, I came across the first book of his Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series and instantly fell in love with his writing. I had to immediately order the rest of the books in the series. He writes really big books. But I read them all.

And when I saw another book by him - Shadowplay - I realized I had missed out on the first of another series. So I bought Shadowmarch from the book store and am waiting for Shadowplay from Zooba (a really great book service!).

Anyhoo, I'm 75 pages into Shadowmarch and loving it. His fantasies remind me a lot of Middle Ages stories, with kings and castles and dragons for good measure. Loving it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm over here from the sivia harding group - your stole is gorgeous, love the color!