Monday, June 11, 2007

Busy Busy June

So far it's been a busy month, and I don't think it's going to get any better very soon. Birthdays, concerts, other family stuff, and don't forget Fathers' Day next Sunday. I know my Hubby hasn't forgotten it! But he's good, I think he just wants a barbecue. That's easy.

Ravelry

Have you heard about Ravelry? It's really neat. A place to list your projects, show off your finished stuff, see other peoples' projects, and even to link with your blog. But you need an invitation to join. Just go there, and you can find out more. I'm looking forward to this, because I never have time to work in the Needletraks program I have on my home computer. I can do it from work, on Ravelry.

Knitting

Still no pics. Been very lazy. But I've started another new project (what else is new!). I needed a baby thingie for a girl at work who's expecting a boy in September. I started crocheting a blanket, and I really like it, but it's not going fast enough for me. So I found the cutest little vest, very simple. And I had in stash some very boyish variegated yarn. Voila - new project.

It's a really quick knit, and I wish I had some pictures to show. I'm already half finished with it. It's for a 12 month size, so baby should be able to wear it at least by the end of next winter. I hope I can force myself to do some camera work tonight.

Reading

I'm finally finished reading The Rebels of Ireland, by Edward Rutherfurd. I do love his books. This is my favorite way to learn history, by reading historical novels. Otherwise I find it too dry.

So now I'm reading The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. I don't know why I waited so long to read this - it's marvelous. I find myself wanting to read ahead to find out how the story is resolved. I've already ordered his new book from Zooba.

No comments: