Monday, March 30, 2009

Ready for April?

I'm ready for April, though I can't believe it's two days away! I'm totally done with winter, and I wish the weather was too.

I'm going to give Nablopomo another shot for April, and see how it goes. I've been very lazy about blogging, since November (I can't even believe it's been that long!). I'm still trying to figure out how to get the Nablo badge in my sidebar - that's what happens when you stay away from blogging for too long. But I think I'll figure it out.

In Knitting Knews, I've actually been crocheting a blanket. I've got another grandkid coming in June, and it's been my tradition to make something for each new baby. I didn't feel like knitting a sweater, and a blanket takes very long to knit, so I'm crocheting!

I wish I had taken some pictures, but I didn't, so I'll try to explain. It's a Noah's Ark blankie, with a boat & some animals and I think it's turning out really cute. Baby will be a girl, and there's a lot of blue on the blanket, but I think it will be OK. I'm going to make a bright pink elephant, and of course a lighter pink pig - it's got to have a pig.

There will be a giraffe, but I don't know yet what color. If I can get my act together, I'll try to post a progress picture. This blankie has to be finished by June, so I think I'm alright as far as time.

I know I haven't written anything about my gluten-free journey. There's just so much about it, I don't know where to begin. For now, I guess I can say I've been pretty successful figuring out how to eat gluten-free, since there's so much help on-line. And places to order things I need. I'd be much happier though, if I could find a nutritionist who understands Celiac and the gluten-free diet. I just need to find out if I'm eating the right things nutritionally speaking.

No comments: