Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wasn't Wednesday Anything Can Happen Day? (click here)

Actual Knitting Pictures

I finally remembered to get pictures of the shawl/stole I've started. This is the Arctic Diamonds Stole, designed by Donna Druchunas, and offered in the Winter 2006 issue of Interweave Knits.

This is not even half of one repeat. Each repeat is 73 rows! I have no idea why these pictures downloaded sideways, nor can I figure out how to re-orient them in Blogger. Oh well, you can still see the basic design. In the picture on the right you can just barely see that I've added beads to the edge. These pics don't do them justice, they're a real sparkly crystal bead with just a slight shimmer of pink. I wish I could get a better close-up, but my camera doesn't do close-ups well.

The yarn I'm using is Knitpicks Shadow lace weight, color Pink Posy. I think these pictures are almost true to color.

This stole is for my DIL, and needs to be finished for Christmas. I think I started it on July 21. I had to re-cast on a couple of times until I got the gauge I wanted and got the beads just right. It's going a bit smoother now that I'm into the pattern.

And, usually, I would knit lace only at home, to prevent distractions. But this one I'm carrying back & forth, since I really need to get a move on.

Beautiful Babies

And now for two of the most beautiful babies in the world, my two youngest grands.

This beautiful little boy on the left is Michael, who was 1 year old on May 1st. This picture is him on his Christening Day in early July. He's a sweet little boy.

And this precious little darling on the right is Mary Elizabeth, who was 6 weeks old when this picture was taken. She looks like an angel, and I'm sure she'll be sweet too, once she's old enough to have a personality!

Michael is my oldest son's 6th (and last!) child, but 3rd with his 2nd wife; and Mary is my youngest son's 2nd child, but 1st child with his 2nd wife, (her 3rd) and last for both of them. Confusing enough? I'd hate to see what would happen if anyone got married for a 3rd time!

Exercise?

I still am thinking about just how I'm going to get myself to exercise. I've started re-reading YNYfw to see if there's something I've missed, some hint given about just how people who are not wealthy are supposed to start in with this program. You have to admit they have a humorous style. One of my favorite subtitles is "You Do Have to Age, but You Don't Have to Rot."







No comments: